Baptism / Bautismo
For Catholics, the Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in a lifelong journey of commitment and discipleship. Whether we are baptized as infants or adults, Baptism is the Church's way of celebrating and enacting the embrace of God.
Para católicos, el Sacramento de Bautismo es el primer paso de una jornada para toda la vida de compromiso y discipulado. Seamos bautizados de niños o adultos, el Bautismo es como la Iglesia celebra y decreta el abrazo de Dios
Baptisms for infants take place on a monthly basis, except during Lent.
- English – 3rd Saturday of the month, 11am
- Spanish – 4th Saturday of the month, 11am
- Appointment with pastor
- Please contact the Parish Office to schedule (323.256.3041)
- For registration:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- $60 donation per child
- Prebaptismal class
- English – 3rd Thursday of the month, Music Room, 7pm
- Spanish – 4th Tuesday of the month, Large Hall, 7pm
- If parents or godparents are out of town, they may take the Prebaptism class at their local Catholic parish and provide verification (letter/certificate) that they completed the class
- If class schedule does not fit your needs, check availability of classes at our neighboring Catholic parishes and call to sign up:
For School Aged Children
Once the children is 5 ½ years old, they must attend Baptism preparation classed with the Religious Education program.
Please contact the Office of Religious Education for more information on classes for your child.
323.256.9073 | email@example.com
If you are a Catholic adult who has not yet been baptized and you would like to be fully initiated into the Catholic Church, you may be prepared through the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA).
For more information: St. Ignatius Parish RCIA